Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Avoid Bridal Meltdown!

In preparing for my sister's wedding day, I looked up a lot of "Bridal Emergency Kits" to make sure we were prepared for ANYTHING.  What started out a small makeup bag with some aspirin and hairspray turned into this:


THE ULTIMATE WEDDING DAY EMERGENCY KIT!

I compiled all the lists I could find and also went through my travel size toiletries and every inch of my bathroom to put this together.  My sister was pretty calm the last few weeks before her wedding, which was awesome.  But to be honest, kind of scared the heck out of me because I felt like it was the "calm before the bridal storm".  I wanted to have everything possible so there would be no snags, no worries, and no meltdowns.  Result?  SUCCESS!  

So what is in the ultimate wedding day kit you ask?  Well...I'll tell you!  First, I started by searching for the perfect bin.  I found this cute stackable, durable plastic carrier at Target for about $7.00.  It was perfect, because it had a lot of different compartments and all locked together.  I thought it would be perfect, because I could unlock and unstack so bridesmaids and relatives could grab what they needed while getting ready.  

So, the first level had two removable trays that had smaller compartments.  Perfect for all the little odds and ends that would need to be found quickly:
  • Meds (including aspirin, band-aids, eyedrops, cough drops, Benadryl, Midol, cold medicine, decongestant, Rolaids, anti-diarrhea, and nick powder which quickly stops bleeding after a nick or scratch)
  • Clear Elastics
  • Bobby Pins
  • Cotton Pads 
  • Q-Tips
  • Safety Pins
  • Sewing Kit (I took out my pincushion after this pic and replaced with the sewing kit)
  • Blue Yarn/Ribbon for "something blue" if needed
  • Scotch tape
  • Craft Glues
  • Shout Wipes
  • Mini Tide-To-Go Pen

The removable trays had these lids, so I added labels for easy locating:


The next level includes:
  • Compact Mirror
  • Clear Nail Polish
  • White Nail Polish
  • Earring Backs (Wal-Mart had a combo pack that had every kind)
  • Hand Sanitizer
  • Deodorant
  • Baby Powder
  • Nail Polish Remover
  • Static Guard
  • Wrinkle Release Spray
  • Tampons
  • Nail Files
  • Superglue
  • Dress Tape (added after my sister's wedding)

And the final level:

  • Pen & Paper
  • Spare Toothbrush
  • Toothpaste 
  • Floss (Added after my sister's wedding)
  • Tissues
  • Scissors
  • Lotion (Hand & Body)
  • Mints
  • Vaseline
  • Hair Spray
  • Hair Gel
  • Drinking Straws
  • Makeup Sponges


Believe it or not, there's more.  So, I grabbed this clear bag I had around my house to stash some other stuff that we *may* need and was too big to fit in my carrier.  Here's what else I brought:
  • Bug Spray
  • Sunscreen (I tossed both a 35 body and a 70 face bottle in since I had them)
  • Spray Bottle with fresh water
  • Makeup Remover
  • Lint Roller
  • Baby Wipes
  • Wet Ones Antibacterial Wipes
  • Pond's Facial Cleansing Wipes
  • White Chalk



So there you have it!  I had pretty much everything we needed, and the things I was asked for and didn't have, I've added since then.  I am super excited because I get to use this kit again in less than two months!  Taylor, a friend of mine (sidenote...check out her awesome crafty, creative, DIY blog) recently asked me to be her day of wedding coordinator.  I am SUPER excited about this and can't wait to see what it's like and dip my toes in bridal assistance.  So, since I knew I had that coming up, I knew making this kit would be useful.  I hope you find it useful, too!  

2 comments:

  1. Maybe you've found a new career?! Sounds like you were overly prepared!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are so amazing. you put a thousand more items in that kit than i could ever think of. i can't wait to work with you!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...