Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Goodwill is GOOOOOD to Me!

How often would you say you make a trip to your local Goodwill to shop?  I've got to say, I don't go as often as I should...especially after the deal I got last weekend!  It was "Extra 50% off Saturday" last weekend, and I have a few events coming up I need to plan for.  So, I headed down to Goodwill before doing some grocery shopping to poke around.  It was CROWDED, and I didn't get there until late afternoon, so it was picked over and not really a pleasant "browsing" experience.  But I did walk away with some treasures!

I got seven of these cute little glasses.  I'm sure they came from a set of eight and one broke, but I can manage with seven.  For .99 each, 50% off, it was about $3.50 for all seven of them.  My sister is using "Tiffany" blue in her wedding, so I may incorporate this in her lingerie shower/bachelorette night somehow...


I also found this cool bowl that has a blue hint on the bottom.  Pictures don't quite capture the visual affect as much, but maybe you can use your imagination.  It would be a great bowl for a dip or candy dish, or even flipped upside down with a plate on top for a cake/cupcake plate.  I'm excited to find fun uses for it!



This was a great deal, too!  Only $1.00 for this large ceramic platter.  It's a light blue/aqua color and amazing!  There was Sharpee marker on the bottom, but it came off very easily with a Magic Eraser.  I've already used it once, and am sure I'll get MANY uses out of it.  It's a platter I'm going to have to make sure I bring home from parties, because if someone left this at my house I don't think I'd offer it back!


I also got two new cake pans.  I think they're 8 inch, though I haven't measured them yet.  I'm excited because before, I would have to borrow my mom's every time.  Now I have my own!  Each was only $1.00.


Finally, I rummaged through the children's books.  I found all of these to add to my classroom library:


So I got all of this...


For a grand total of....


EIGHTEEN DOLLARS!!!!!  AMAZING!  I love Goodwill because it supports my shopping for goodies habit but doesn't break the bank.  I challenge you to go see what you can find!  I've bought all sorts of things from Goodwill, from furniture to movies to organizational supplies to lamps to dishes...I could go on and on!  So grab $20, and go see what you can find!

2 comments:

  1. I love the Goodwill back home... haven't hit up the one in town yet!
    ps- I love the new look of your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You need to go! I love the one in Franklin because there's a lot of people in the area that can afford to give away "nice" stuff.

    Thanks for commenting on my blog! It's fun to play around and keep trying to make it better. :o)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...